Intensive Outpatient Therapy Program
Do you have questions or need to sign up for a class? Call Us: (801) 226-1227
WHAT IS INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM THERAPY?
Pomarri’s Intensive Outpatient Program or Treatment (IOP/IOT) is an effective treatment option designed to provide the same level of intensive treatment services that are typically delivered within an inpatient facility or depression treatment center without the need to live on site or, leave work, family or school.
IOP is designed to provide those struggling to overcome drug or alcohol abuse with the highest level of substance abuse recovery services within their normal life.
IOP is an extremely effective treatment option because it allows you to recover in the real world rather than within the artificial environment found in the popular retreat style recovery centers.
Our clients complete their treatment within their normal living routine rather than suffering from the shock of re-entering a life put on hold.
IOP treatment is ideal for those who, despite substance abuse, still possess sound physical and mental health, are at low risk of relapsing, and are comfortable participating in a group setting and discussing both their needs and listening to those of others.
WHO RECOMMENDS INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT TREATMENT?
Typically, after someone gets arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) or possession of controlled substances, their attorney will recommend they undergo a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Assessment as a sign of proactivity; or, a judge may order them to undergo an assessment as part of the sentencing process.
However, not everyone attending IOP is there for legal reasons.
Many of Pomarri’s clients have either decided on their own or, at the request of concerned family members to seek out professional help in overcoming their addictions or, a medical professional has recommended that they attend IOP in combination with going through a medically-supervised detox treatment program.
WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE ENTERING INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT TREATMENT?
Before Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOT) is recommended for a client, they may either receive a clinical or medical assessment administered by a competent healthcare professional or, one of Pomarri’s substance abuse therapists may conduct a Substance Abuse Assessment to determine a person’s eligibility.
After our therapist administers your substance abuse assessment, it’s scored and the results are intently reviewed in conjunction with any mitigating circumstances, previous or current legal or criminal history to first identify any patterns of substance abuse, and second, determine what course of action would best help you reach recovery and achieve a lasting sobriety.
The therapist summarizes everything they’ve found in a Substance Abuse Assessment Report and includes their professional recommendations about what would be the best course of action for you to stop abusing drugs or alcohol and achieve recovery.
Part of their recommendations may be that you attend IOP for a specific period of time along with random drug or alcohol urine tests as the best course of action for you.
If IOP care is the best option to help your recovery, the therapist will create a customized treatment program based on your specific needs and goals, then treatment starts.
POMARRI’S INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM: WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE?
Pomarri’s IOP enables people who’ve successfully completed a medical detox to continue with their recovery therapy on a part-time, yet intensive schedule, designed to accommodate work and family life.
Every client enrolled in IOP is assigned a therapist who participates in the weekly treatment planning meeting with the team’s psychiatrists and other treatment staff. We discuss each client’s unique situation and individual needs then continually customize your experience to help you achieve and maintain sobriety.
Our clients come from across the nation and within Utah with their own, unique backgrounds and perspectives.
Utah has its own unique culture; however, we realize that not everyone shares that culture; therefore, we tailor our intensive outpatient treatment to meet the individual needs of both our community and clients.
Whether you’re a Christian, Muslim, Jews, Agnostic or an Atheist, everyone is welcome.
Our staff is similarly diverse in their personal convictions and backgrounds; however, everyone at Pomarri shares a common focus on providing each client with the highest level of treatment, support and maintaining recovery and sobriety.
At Pomarri, recovering patients are surrounded and supported by those who are there to help. Each client will have an individualized treatment program that is set up to assist them to successfully achieve not only in their treatment goals but learn how to live life after recovery in the real world.
INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT DAY AND EVENING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
Pomarri offers both daytime and evening IOP classes to accommodate your schedule.
Who is the IOP Day Treatment for?
- Anyone leaving a residential drug recovery treatment center who’s in need of a step-down recovery option
- Patients coming from the ER after an overdose
- Those who’ve been discharged from a detox program
- People who are currently struggling with ongoing substance abuse
- Those who’ve been medically cleared to do an outpatient detox program
Who is the IOP Evening Treatment for?
- Anyone who can’t leave their daily family and or work responsibilities
- Those who may need greater discretion about receiving substance abuse recovery treatment
What Will I Learn in Pomarri’s Intensive Outpatient Program?
IOP helps those struggling start to identify and then understand the sources of substance abuse and the accompanying mental health struggles and then learn how to successfully overcome them.
The goals of Pomarri’s comprehensive IOP program are:
- First, we address the individual’s substance use and addiction and work towards cessation of abuse
- Second, as we work to stop your substance abuse problem, we also work to identify any underlying and co-occurring mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression.
- Third, we help you with identifying those things within your life that serve to trigger your substance abuse or which may lead to relapsing once you’ve been sober for a period of time.
- Fourth, our therapists work with you to develop effective social and vocational coping strategies which empower you the necessary skills and will power to remain sober on your own.
IOP allows you to continue living at home with those who both know and love you and who are dedicated to your full recovery.
Staying in your life gives you the opportunity to either start or continue to rebuilding your personal life while you mend those important family ties you’ll need in order to maintain a sober and recovered life moving forward.
Finally, rather than waiting until you’ve returned from the artificial environment you’ll find in some rehab center or retreat facility; starting from Day 1, Pomarri’s Intensive Outpatient Program helps you establish and strengthen a solid foundation of long term recovery support within your home and local community.
What’s included in Pomarri’s Outpatient Program?*
- Drug and Alcohol Relapse Prevention – identify the root causes and signs of lapsing and relapsing back into substance abuse and how to effectively handle hard situations.
- Life Skills – learn how to re-establish critical life skills to move back into normal, drug-free life.
- Triggers – Learn how to recognize, confront and handle the underlying issues that led to the initial substance abuse issues, what events and associations may contribute to continued abuse and or lead to relapse and then, learn effective coping skills to prevent relapse and move towards lasting recovery.
- Health and Nutrition – often addicts neglect their physical health and subsequently suffer from poor nutrition. Learn the importance of how eating healthily will dramatically impact your recovery, make you feel better and help you maintain sobriety.
- Rebuilding and Strengthening Relationships – when a loved one abuses drugs or alcohol, their personal and family relationships often suffer greatly. Close ties are either strained or broken from the isolation, secrecy, and deception caused by substance abuse. Pomarri’s counselors teach those in recovery how to reach out, reconnect, and rebuild broken relationships which if strengthened, will help you remain clean and sober.
- Anger Management/Domestic Violence – alcohol and drug abuse dramatically affect not only the mental and emotional state of the addict but also those around them.
Alcoholism and drug use can often lead to either self-harm or harming those around the addicted person. Pomarri has certified Prime For Life coaches who instruct and educate our clients in how to identify and then safely and effectively de-escalate emotionally charged issues which are often at the root of domestic violence.
- Relaxation and Meditation Skills – learning to be mindful during recovery is on the keys to both a successful recovery but also a critical element in fashioning lasting sobriety. Clients are first taught and led through relaxation and meditative techniques that they’ll use for the rest of their lives.
- Six Stages of Change In Addiction Recovery – each client at Pomarri is taught to identify and understand each of the 6 Stages of Recovery and how to honestly understand what stage they’re currently in, what to expect in that stage and how to productively move on to the next level of recovery.
- Deactivation of Cravings – those who’ve used drugs or alcohol understand that their cravings are what most often compels them to use again or even relapse. Pomarri helps clients first identify when they’re feeling a craving and then, how to deactivate the craving by engaging their coping skills.
- Coping with Pain and Prescription Medications – at Pomarri you’ll learn how to come to grips with your opiate addiction how dangerous it can become, and most importantly, how to get past it.
Currently, in the United States, opiate abuse has reached epidemic levels. Every day, more than 130 people in the United States die after overdosing on opioids. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that the total “economic burden” of prescription opioid misuse alone in the United States is $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of healthcare, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement.
- Neurobiological Aspects of the Brain and Addiction – clients learn not only what drug and alcohol abuse do to the brain and body, but they’ll also learn the specific, neurobiological mechanisms that lead to addiction and most importantly, how our unique approach to recovery helps the body ‘reset’ and return to its normal functioning state free of drugs.
- Looking Ahead: Plans, Goals, and Dreams
- How to Handle Anxiety
- Self-Esteem and Acceptance
- Stress Management/Distress Tolerance Skills
- Spirituality and Recovery
- Handling the Holidays
…and so much more!
*Placement level will be determined during our assessment process.
IS INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM THERAPY RIGHT FOR YOU?
Pomarri’s Intensive Outpatient Program is specifically designed to meet all the requirements of court-ordered substance abuse and recovery program or is ideal for anyone who may be leaving an Inpatient Rehab Facility and needs a place to finish out their recovery.
Contact us today and ask how we can:
- Answer any questions you may have
- Help you meet the requirements of your probation
- Provide weekly Urine Test results to either the courts, a probation officer or your lawyer
- Sign you up to attend our next Intensive Outpatient Program
This involves a lot of care, from rehab treatment to more individual care.
This involves a lot of commitment, with many hours a day and several days a week. It is a crucial stage, and it also involves special care for those coming from inpatient rehab to help them with a smooth transition back in their normal lives and activities.
Alcohol is one of the drugs that are best treated through an outpatient program. This is to help with eliminating a bad drinking habit. They involve intense care and treatment, which, with time, subside in terms of frequency. They help individuals overcome tempting situations that will increase or lead them to alcohol intake.
Some care groups may be specific about their attendees and also their ages. Different support groups have different treatment plans that they use to help addicts recover from addictions. Many care groups handle these programs. An example is the Alcoholic Anonymous. Such groups have a solid commitment to assisting addicts to overcome their addictions to drugs and alcohol abuse. These programs are designed to help one with their problem regarding drug abuse. They handle your problem according to the severity of the drug user. They deal with specific needs and treatment to help you in your journey to recovery. This individual care increases your chances of recovery due to specialized individual care.
By stopping the intake of drugs, your system starts to adjust to the normal body functioning, especially the brain. It helps one to do things more creatively and perform excellent achievements. These programs help with dealing with addictions and desires to do drugs. This is by incorporating better and helpful activities to do that will help replace bad drug habits. They help to improve the appetite and improve eating habits. This program helps with smooth transitioning by surrounding yourself with people you share common problems and getting professional therapists’ help.
Having an outpatient recovery program, one has access to their family daily. This means that family time is intact. One can spend quality time with their family as they undertake addiction treatment. Many addiction treatments include one’s family into treatment programs. This helps in speeding up the individual’s recovery process. Studies show that when we receive love and support from our loved ones, we get the urge to fasten our road to recovery. This helps an individual’s focus on recovery and makes the journey smooth. These programs also allow families to bond and know what to avoid to help them recover well.
This program is easy on the pocket. There is an average of $5000 for an outpatient service that runs for about 2-3 months. This is fair compared to the expensive inpatient rehabilitation. The cost often depends on several factors, including the treatment facility’s location, medication prescribed, and treatment program specified by a specialist. Drug addictions may sometime require the intake of medicine to help the addict overcome their addictions. Treatment programs vary with a person’s advancement in the addiction. All in all, this program is more affordable and helps you recover while being soft to your pocket at the same time.
Smooth on Day to Day Activities
You may have work or numerous responsibilities such as taking care of children, but you somehow became addicted to drugs. This should not worry you. The outpatient program can accommodate your schedule. Some have treatment plans fixed in the late hours of the evening or very early or at the weekends. This helps you to attend to your normal day to day activities as well as work on your addiction. The Family and Medical Leave Act that protects an employee from being fired is good, but you can only take unpaid leave.
Detoxification is one of the key processes for the road to recovery for addicts. It comes with several side effects. However, at an outpatient facility, you get a safe way to detoxify through licensed and professional healthcare practitioners’ guidance and supervision. Because of the detoxication experience, it is nice to have family around for support and motivation. Detoxification is also affordable using this program. For the sake of consistency, patients can be able to visit one outpatient facility for this process, and physicians can prescribe medications that help ease the detoxification process. Maintaining a social life also helps smoothen the detoxification journey.
Access to Resources
Using this form of the treatment plan will enable you to have unlimited access to various resources. You can access financial resources. You can be able to incorporate the help of other experts such as psychiatrists. Some facilities offer additional services such as transport and meals. Transportation to and fro the facility saves you money that can be spent on other things. It helps you save time and money and get other things done.
Many outpatient programs have an insurance platform. It will help in saving you costs because your insurance will handle the financial matters. An individual will have a sole focus on treatment and getting better with time. Do not fear seeking treatment because of the costs. The insurance has you covered on that one.
The regular treatment plans will put you on toes. You have many people looking to see your progress positively. The medical team, your family will want you out of drugs in no time, and given that they have made your schedule flexible enough, you ave no reason to not attend sessions. These regular visits tend to have a positive impact on your sobriety.
Improve on Social Life Skills
You can interact with people you share similar addictions in social groups, and you learn to open up with time. Also, it helps those that were previously under inpatient care to transition smoothly back to society and can know what to avoid not to trigger the addictions. Some of the ways used by physicians to help curb addictions are to help addicts shift their focus to more important and creative work. You can learn more about your family members through family programs. The artwork is a common distraction used. You develop some art skills while recovering.
Outpatient rehab Utah is regulated by the Division of Substance abuse of Mental Health. They provide these outpatient rehab services all over the region. The fees involved are determined on the capability to pay. The services are closely reviewed to ensure they are in line with the required regulations. The Local Substance Abuse Authorities carry out the tests and recommend courses of action. There is a Severity index that is determined by LSSA and covers employment, education, and financial state, just to mention but a few. The outpatient program has less fee so as not to deter anyone from seeking medical attention related to drugs and substance abuse.
While looking for the most suitable facility to visit for help, there are several considerations that you should make;
There are high chances of recovery in this program. It all depends on an individual’s will to recover and the effort put in. Ensure to confirm the accreditation of the health facility you chose to help you with your addiction. Professional health experts will guide you to safe waters, and you will be back to your normal self in no time. With access to family and loved ones, this program easiest for your recovery journey. You can work on yourself as you provide for your family at the same time.
24 Hr HOTLINE