28 Sep There is nothing as powerful as a changed mind! Part 4
The hardest part about changing your mind and being positive is forming the habit. One thing you have to remember is to not be too hard on yourself when you relapse into your negative thinking. Your brain has made neural pathways that you must override. It’s not easy, but you can do it. It’s going to take some work and constant motivation.
Rather than After The Thrones on HBO, Game Of Thrones Season 7 Online will be joined by a Twitter or the Periscope aftershow.
Did you know it takes 21 days to form a habit? That’s how long it’s going to take to change your neural pathways to positive thinking.192.168.1.1 default router So don’t get discouraged when you have days when you don’t want to think positively. You just need to push through those and try to continue to think positively.
Last week, we discussed different ways you can change your mindset and think positively. Now I’m going to talk about things you can do to stay motivated:
- Watch motivational videos. If you can’t find motivation in yourself, create it by watching a motivational video. It’s as easy as typing in “motivational videos” into youtube. Watch as many as you need to. Watch this one now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7CytzKuhg
- Take time and do something you love. This can be anything from watching netflix, to exercising, to making a scrapbook. You might tell yourself that you don’t have time. MAKE TIME. If you aren’t taking care of yourself, you won’t be able to get anything else done effectively.
- Talk to someone who uplifts you. This may be a spouse, a friend, a parent, a sibling, or anyone else in your life who makes you feel like you are worth something. Tell them your problems, let them support you and give you the strength to keep pushing on.
- Fake it till you make it. Now, I actually hate this one, because it’s hard to do when you are having a horrible day and you feel like you have the right to be negative. Which you do, but being negative isn’t going to solve anything or get you anywhere. I hate how well faking it till you make it works, but it does work.
- Take a nap. Sometimes it’s nice to just to take a little break from the world and sleep it off. Everything is worse when you are tired.
- Listen to uplifting music. Whether it’s classical, dance music, or music with uplifting lyrics. Find a style or a set of songs that improve your mood. Then when you are down, listen to them.
- Read something uplifting. A good book, a good magazine article, or even a good blog can increase your mood significantly. It makes you realize that there are good things in this world and puts your problems into perspective.
Remember why you are doing this. There is a reason you want to become more positive. It may be so you aren’t dependent on drugs for your happiness. It may be that you want to achieve your goals. It may be that you are sick of living in the negative. Whatever it is, remind yourself why what you are doing is worth the struggle.
- What you are doing isn’t easy, but it will be worth it. As soon as you are able to change your mindset to a more positive way of thinking, your mind will be broadened and you will see more possibilities and you will be able to accomplish more.
Please comment or ask questions! Tell us what helps you to stay motivated. Feel free to vent in the comments. We would love to hear from you!